Parse error when calling catcher.php

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
Victory

Parse error when calling catcher.php

Post by Victory »

I'm trying to troubleshoot my install and based on some past threads I tried to call the catcher.php and this is the error I got:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $end i?YÝ>c:\inetpub\wwwroot\rtb\catcher.php on line 206

Checking the Radio Toolbox stats I see:

Script service disabled http:vernard.tzo.com:8080/rtb/catcher.php Returned Malformed Header

I am running Windows 2003 Web Edition with PHP 4.3.3 installed and running.
Although I am getting Log service touched - I cannot get the script to work.
I have given internet-usr write permission to the rtb folder and tried a couple of different things I read in various threads but still no luck.

Any ideas or leads would be appreciated.

TIA
Victory
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

judging by that error I would say that you catcher.php script is corrupt. Try replacing with a fresh one and ensure that there is no garbage at the end of the file using a file editor.
- Jay
Victory

Post by Victory »

Thanks for the quick response. I'll give it a shot.
Victory
Victory

Post by Victory »

I did as suggested and now when I called the catcher.php this is the response:

Copyright RadioToolBox.com another great application from Jay Krivanek
well if you see this then php is installed and catcher can at least be parsed, maybe try debugging me by adding ?debug=USERNAME in the url field

Looks better, but still no dice.
Script service still gives the same "Malformed Header" Info

Debug info follows:

Copyright RadioToolBox.com another great application from Jay Krivanek

Welcome to the RTB Catcher Debug Session
We will now check your server environment for proper installation and compatibility with catcher.
Now letting you read this message cause we can.
Starting Check...
Checking Environment...
the $includes_path is not set therefore we will be working in the directory: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\rtb
Checking for proper file permissions
Warning: Log file error_log.txt is not writable or does not exist.
Wonderful, includes.php exists, now we will use our nunchuck ninja magic on it to see if we can do anything with it.
The includes file is writable lucky us.

Any more suggestions?
Victory
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

make sure that your script url in the Radio Toolbox application is set properly and restart Radio Toolbox. Your debug report looks as though it should work.
- Jay
Victory

Post by Victory »

I haven't been able to find any indication on why it's not working. Perhaps there is a setting I need to change within IIS (i'm using Windows 2003).

The Script service in the stats window has changed to "Updated" (after I changed some permissions on the webserver), but the example.php still returns nothing.

I don't know what else to try. I do appreciate all the suggestions though.

**EDIT**
Ok...the issue seems like it was a permissions issue on the files. Once I changed the permissions on the files for the Iusr to "Modify" I was able to get "example2.php" to work (funny though example.php still does not return anything although the permissions of the two are exactly the same). I also added the php extension to the Mime settings for the server. these steps seem to have done the trick.

Great job on the program guys!

**END EDIT**

Thank You :D
Victory