user agent 'JazzRadio/15.8 CFNetwork'

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
hdprene

user agent 'JazzRadio/15.8 CFNetwork'

Post by hdprene »

Hi Guys,

Does anybody by chance know which device or website uses user agent 'JazzRadio/15.8 CFNetwork' ? It's very popular in Asia and why do I ask this? Well, I want to contact them. For some reason, they share my stream with my external IP address instead of my DNS aliases. Whenever my internet provider changes my external IP address, which happened for the second time this year unfortunately, I lose all these listeners who use 'JazzRadio/15.8 CFNetwork or older versions. I tried to search but wasn't successful. It's not JazzRadio.com. Any help is much appreciated! Regards, René

See attachment Image
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Re: user agent 'JazzRadio/15.8 CFNetwork'

Post by Jay »

The "CFNetwork" provides a clue behind the app being used. CFNetwork is a library provided by Apple to make network connections. So these connections are likely coming from Apple devices. You can read more about that at https://developer.apple.com/library/arc ... cepts.html

Be aware that User Agent fields are client provided and can be manipulated to say anything, so none of this is ironclad.

A cursory search for JazzRadio on the Apple App store revealed at least 2 different apps that purport to give users access to Jazz radio stations. So if I had to guess, you were added to one of these apps. Your strings also revealed "RelaxRadio" as well which is also an app store app.

You can try contacting them, but be aware these are likely individuals running these apps, and they may not be very responsive.
- Jay
hdprene

Post by hdprene »

Thanks, Jay for your help in this :-) I will give feedback if I find the clue on this!
gdradio

Post by gdradio »

dont you love it when your stream is added to an app

and 1) they don't ask and 2) they make money off of it?