Options Window

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
warpradio

Re: Options Window

Post by warpradio »

I can use the scripting tool for song logging and do some date comparisons if need be.

yes, the ultimate target is MySQL (or MSSQL, I don't care).
Then if I need to take that log file and import it myself, I can do that. :) I just hate how Shoutcast logs by default.
warpradio

Post by warpradio »

I know I replied tot his awhile ago, but I'm not seeing my reply.

Ultimate target is MySQL, MSSQL, or whatever.
If there is a log file that is created (per stream of course), I can see about getting the data into MySQL myself, but its getting that log file that seems to be an issue.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

We will add this capability to our feature request list.
- Jay
warpradio

Post by warpradio »

so for now, what would you suggest I do? I have stations ready to leave and go over to other providers because of lack of stats.
Jay

Post by Jay »

You need a log aggregator, this can be done with some scripting. I am not sure if you know any scripting languages like PHP or ASP, but unfortunately the current version of Radio Toolbox doesn't give this break down in a user friendly way yet. Do you have a timeframe that you need this feature by. I might be able to squeeze in a new updated later this week or next week and if it's simple enough to add I will add it in there for you.
- Jay
warpradio

Post by warpradio »

I can import logs manually, but since they are all in one big log file, it doesn't work too well.

Q2 ends soon and that's kind of when I need it. :)
warpradio

Post by warpradio »

Hey Jay!! What's the good word?
warpradio

Post by warpradio »

Crickets... Crickets...

I guess I'm all sorts of confused on how to get ANY data out of Radio Toolbox. There isn't a logfile to even see data from, so I don't know how I'm supposed to get data in somewhere easily.

I'm almost to the point where we aren't using Windows Media hardly at all. Just Shoutcast v1. As you know Shoutcast v1 doesn't split files. I don't have a way to get streaming data into a database daily like I do with WMS files.

Help me Obi Wan....
Jay

Post by Jay »

We will be adding this feature in the next iteration. Unfortunately I have been a bit swamped so I haven't had time to really sit down and do another release as I had hoped. I may have a weekend open up soon and will see about getting some much needed updates in.
- Jay
warpradio

Post by warpradio »

Any suggestion on what I can do with log files in the meantime? I just need to come up with something to get these logfiles put into a table so stations wont complain so much
Jay

Post by Jay »

Your quickest solution would be to write a quick script that converts the log files into a database. You should use the generated w3c logs as they contain all relevant listener information for a server.
- Jay
warpradio

Post by warpradio »

I've gone through and disabled the sc_serv.log anyway. just did that last night.
Unfortunately, your option doesn't sound simple enough. Maybe next week I can take a stab at it. I'm considering moving that server to another box that has more space on it and I can install something to run PHP. This current server is lacking space.