Options Window

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
warpradio

Options Window

Post by warpradio »

Spacial Audio told me to check out Radio Toolbox. While it does seem like it will tell me everything I need to know looking at the program or the admin, I don't think I'm seeing everything that Documentation tells me

http://www.radiotoolbox.com/docs/index. ... 1&doc_id=4

Being able to send listener data (IP, etc etc) to another server - or to have it logged daily would be a huge deal. We have been moving away from Windows Media over to Shoutcast and will continue to move more stations that way and need to have a stat system similar to the one we have.

Are these other features disabled until the full release? Or am I just not seeing something.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Re: Options Window

Post by Jay »

You can send stats using the notifier panel. Unfortunately I have not had time to document all of the features of the Notifier, we are planning to completely replace version 1 by version 2.1 and documentation will be locked in. If you have a specific request or need feel free to post it and I can help answer your questions more specifically.
- Jay
warpradio

Post by warpradio »

I'm just not seeing where the log files are or anything. When trying to use the notifier panel to go to a log file on change, since there isn't a log file already, I can't tell it where to place the changes. I'm not totally sure that's what I need anyway. I need stats similar to what shoutcast puts in their logs (ip, duration, etc etc) and either a way to get each listener info into a database or way for me to build something to import later. one file per day would be great, which is the problem I have with shoutcast now.
Jay

Post by Jay »

Ah ok, so you need a detailed log of all listeners aggregated into a single log file? Do you want this information aggregated from SHOUTcast logs or based on the tracking in Radio Toolbox? There is a difference since Radio Toolbox only polls servers, it doesn't get real time data so a listener that only connects for 1 second may never been seen by radio toolbox.
- Jay
warpradio

Post by warpradio »

single log file per day. If a listener only connects for a second, then I don't care. Other than that, I don't know if there needs to be a line for each song change for each listener or how it should be done. Not all stations send now playing. If its easier to post all of the listener info per song via the php POST option, then that's fine too. I'm easy like Sunday morning.

Q
Jay

Post by Jay »

I think we can do something for you there, how about a w3c log?
- Jay
warpradio

Post by warpradio »

That should be fine. I'll still have to get it into a table, but that's for me to figure out. Our WMS log analyzer uses the old Classic WMS log files (I believe). It was written a long time ago and I can't even edit it w/o the old Visual Studio to do it.

Is there anything I could do with Script Service?

I'm still pretty easy with whatever you suggest.
Jay

Post by Jay »

You actually could use that if you want to go straight to a DB with it.

You will need to write the script for it the template options are as follows:

"%_STATION_NAME_%
%_STATION_LISTENERS_%
%_STATION_TRACK_%
%_STATION_ARTIST_%
%_STATION_TITLE_%
%_STATION_ALBUM_%
%_STATION_ALBUM_COVER_%
%_STATION_TRACK_DURATION_%
%_STATION_TRACK_RETRIEVAL_STATUS_%
%_STATION_ACTIVE_SERVERS_%
%_STATION_TOTAL_SERVERS_%
%_STATION_LOWEST_SERVER_ADDRESS_%
%_STATION_ALBUM_%
%_STATION_HISTORY_TRACK_COUNT_%

%_STATION_AUDIO_CHECK_SUCCESS_%
%_STATION_AUDIO_DBV_RIGHT_%
%_STATION_AUDIO_DBV_LEFT_%
%_STATION_AUDIO_CHECK_INTERVAL_%
%_STATION_AUDIO_DBV_MINIMUM_%

%_CURRENT_DATE_%
%_CURRENT_DATE_LONG_TIME_%
%_CURRENT_DATE_YEAR_%
%_CURRENT_DATE_MONTH_%
%_CURRENT_DATE_DAY_%
%_CURRENT_DATE_HOUR_%
%_CURRENT_DATE_HOUR12_%
%_CURRENT_DATE_MINUTE_%
%_CURRENT_DATE_SECOND_%
%_CURRENT_DATE_MILLISECOND_%
%_CURRENT_DATE_TOD_%

%_RTB_USER_%

%_TOUCH_INTERVAL_%

# reflects the servers internal number
%_SERVER_#_ADDRESS_%
%_SERVER_#_TYPELABEL_%
%_SERVER_#_{STRING PARAM}_% // {STRING PARAM} is any paramter pulled from a specific server entry (EX: %SERvER_1_EXTENDED_TUNE_INS_% for Steamcast)
%_SERVER_#_STATUS_%

# reflects the history entries list number
%_STATION_HISTORY_#_DATE_%
%_STATION_HISTORY_#_DATE_LONG_TIME_%
%_STATION_HISTORY_#_DATE_YEAR_%
%_STATION_HISTORY_#_DATE_MONTH_%
%_STATION_HISTORY_#_DATE_DAY_%
%_STATION_HISTORY_#_DATE_HOUR_%
%_STATION_HISTORY_#_DATE_HOUR12_%
%_STATION_HISTORY_#_DATE_MINUTE_%
%_STATION_HISTORY_#_DATE_SECOND_%
%_STATION_HISTORY_#_DATE_MILLISECOND_%
%_STATION_HISTORY_#_DATE_TOD_%

%_STATION_HISTORY_#_TRACK_%
%_STATION_HISTORY_#_ARTIST_%
%_STATION_HISTORY_#_TITLE_%
%_STATION_HISTORY_#_ALBUM_%
%_STATION_HISTORY_#_ALBUM_COVER_%
%_STATION_HISTORY_#_TRACK_DURATION_%
%_STATION_HISTORY_#_TRACK_RETRIEVAL_STATUS_%

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
- Jay
warpradio

Post by warpradio »

When selecting Web Scripting, then Presets and choosing Radio Toolbox v1, the Payload box says:

user=%_RTB_USER_%&pass=%_RTB_PASS_%&cmd=ts&tit=%_STATION_TRACK_%&hr=%_CURRENT_DATE_HOUR_%&mt=%_CURRENT_DATE_MINUTE_%&sd=%_CURRENT_DATE_SECOND_%&mh=%_CURRENT_DATE_MONTH_%&dy=%_CURRENT_DATE_DAY_%&yr=%_CURRENT_DATE_YEAR_%&l=%_STATION_LISTENERS_%&ml=%_STATION_MAX_LISTENERS_%&ti=%_TOUCH_INTERVAL_%&server[0][0]=%_SERVER_1_ADDRESS_%&server[0][1]=%_SERVER_1_TYPELABEL_%&server[0][2]=%_SERVER_1_LISTENERS_%&server[0][3]=%_SERVER_1_MAX_LISTENERS_%&server[0][4]=%_SERVER_1_BITRATE_%&server[0][5]=%_SERVER_1_STATUS_%&server[0][6]=%_SERVER_1_DESCRIPTION_%&server[0][7]=%_SERVER_1_TRACK_%

I've set the panel to post and according to my database, it is attempting to, but it isn't actually getting any data.
I've tried just to get l (station_listeners) and tit (station_track) via post and nothing is going into my test table.

I've also tried a custom list based on the template you sent and that was no good either.

So back to my message earlier today, I am not seeing the variables that I will need.
Jay

Post by Jay »

On the notifier list page within the options window what does it say for the status of the notifier?
- Jay
warpradio

Post by warpradio »

It says POST Success. I've also tried GET and it said GET Success
warpradio

Post by warpradio »

ok, i've switched to get again and that works, so far...
but it doesn't work for the 113 listeners. I need to know about each of them...
Jay

Post by Jay »

I am sorry I am not sure I understand what you mean by "... but it doesn't work for the 113 listeners." Do you mean you want stats on each of the 113 listeners? What kind of stats are you needing?
- Jay
warpradio

Post by warpradio »

As previously mentioned, I need stats on each listener. I need to know how long they are listening, how they are listening, when they started listening and if possible (and applicable), what songs they are listening to.

Right now, the 15 servers that I have put into RTB ( i still have another 50 or so to go ) says I have 496 listeners. I need information on each and every one of those.
Jay

Post by Jay »

Gotcha, this may be more of a need for some other mechanism since you will quickly exhaust options in the scripting front with that much data. The scripting function is more for public consumption of station statistical analysis not for detailed analysis. For example you want to show the title of the currently playing track on your website or how many listeners are listening etc.

To do what you want we would need to dump the entire listener data fields to a file or some sort of logging mechanism. Let me see what we can do, is your ultimate target MySQL?
- Jay