video streaming with now playing info

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
hollyolly1984

video streaming with now playing info

Post by hollyolly1984 »

Hi,
I hope I'm posting this in the correct area. I'm interested in having my online radio station stream video and audio. Right now I'm just using Justintv embedded on my site and it's not really very professional looking and it doesn't properly track listeners. I'm using stationplaylist studio right now to automate my station and I'd like to display the song title and artist somewhere on my site in the same pop up window as my video player. I'd also like to be able to track how many people are listening. Is there anything out there that provides this? I've been looking all over and I either find ways to broadcast audio only or video only. Wowza seemed like something that might work but it seems really complicated and like it may get overly expensive. Thank you for your help.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Re: video streaming with now playing info

Post by Jay »

Yea, with services like that you will find that they are covering alot of the bandwidth expenses for you, if you are really ready to take the plunge and have lined up your own bandwidth then you can certainly do this. I would recommend Wowza though, as it will allow you to do the FLV streaming and that will allow you to continue using a flash embedded player. You will also need to find a flv player to play the stream.

Now playing info can either be embedded in a caption or you can embed it on your site if you use station automation software like SAM.
- Jay