Shoutcast Listener Count

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
tebian

Shoutcast Listener Count

Post by tebian »

I thought I might ask here then on their forums. I have seen shoutcast directory listings of stations where they like 5 streams and the listener count is all as one number. This of course puts them ahead of me with 3 lines and my listeners listed seperate. Anyone know how to make this happen ?

If you want example look in shoutcast under games section, that first guy has like 8 streams all adding up to 100's of listeners.

Thanks and sorry to bother if this is not okay to ask here.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Re: Shoutcast Listener Count

Post by Jay »

Have each server relay one another.
- Jay
tebian

Post by tebian »

I do not know much about relays but can you do that with different lines like 64k and 128k so that they are doing the right setup ? Or can you relay I line and broadcast it at same time. Sorry for being so none technical. Is there a good resource that explains how shout cast servers work that I might could read. It all seems pretty vague on the www when you search.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

Well what you are referring to is called clustering. The clustering process is automated and based on identical streams, so no, you cannot cluster different bitrates. At least not yet. Icecast allows clustering of different bitrate and audio type channels.
- Jay
tebian

Post by tebian »

Thanks for the help and now i know the word i am looking for to find more information. have nice day :)