How to replace shoutcast nsv server with streamcast nsv serv

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
cwoodward

How to replace shoutcast nsv server with streamcast nsv serv

Post by cwoodward »

Hi,

I have a shoutcast nsv server running. How do I replace it with a steamcast nsv server? Yes, I'm asking for installation instructions.

Is there a way I can use one sc_nsv binary to drive a shoutcast stream and a steamcast stream at the same time?

Charles
bingo

Post by bingo »

What is your operating system please (this is to detail the instructions) ?

No, you will be able to feed one server at a time. BUT you will be able to relay the DNAS by Steamcast.
cwoodward

Post by cwoodward »

The OS is Linux. Right now I'm using sc_nsv server to stream 5 or 6 video streams to the world.
bingo

Post by bingo »

Ok, so you will have to upload steamcast and steamcast.conf (configuration file edited to suite your needs : passwords, logins, number of listeners, eventually the address of the current DNAS to relay, define if you need log files, name of the mount point (/stream.nsv for example))

Then CHMOD (with your FTP client or directly from the SSH session : chmod 755 steamcast).

When this is done, you'll have to start the server from the SSH command line and in the directory where it is located :
./steamcast steamcast.conf > /dev/null &

Your new server should be up and running. That's all :)
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

thanks bingo, sorry for the late reply was out of town this weekend.

Let us know if you need more detail, should be straightforward from bingo's instructions.
- Jay