Kick Listener Not Working

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
PROducer

Kick Listener Not Working

Post by PROducer »

Hi there. I had a couple of listeners who had been connected to my stream for quite a while, agent was listed as **EMPTY**, so I thought I'd kick them. I'm not prone to kicking anybody, but these didn't seem like legit users.

Anyway, I right clicked on their ips in Radio Toolbox (v2.3.0 build 300 64 bit) and nothing happened. I had to login to my stream server and kick them manually. Not sure if the kick/ban feature is up and running, but thought I'd mention it here.

Thanks
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Re: Kick Listener Not Working

Post by Jay »

What type of server were the listeners on that you were trying to kick? Shoutcast? Icecast? Which version?

Thanks,
- Jay
PROducer

Post by PROducer »

Shoutcast V2.5
Jay

Post by Jay »

I am having trouble duplicating this bug. In testing I am using SHOUTcast Server v2.5.5.733/win64 and it kicks as it should. Can you tune into your own stream and kick yourself with Radio Toolbox and confirm you are staying connected past a minute or two after the kick?
- Jay
PROducer

Post by PROducer »

Sorry for the delayed reply, I was out of town for a while. I tuned in, used Radio Toolbox to kick myself, and it did not work. Over ten minutes later I logged into my stream, and kicked myself from there and it worked.
PROducer

Post by PROducer »

Just located what server version my streaming company is using : SHOUTcast Server v2.5.5.733/posix(linux x64)
Jay

Post by Jay »

Just for clarity, when you gave Radio Toolbox your password, did you give it your "adminpassword" or your "password" from the sc_serv.conf?

Both will work for stats, but only "adminpassword" will allow kicks and bans.
- Jay
PROducer

Post by PROducer »

That must have been it. Thanks Jay.
Jay

Post by Jay »

Glad, I could help, if you want to change your credentials to the adminpassword, right click the server on the station's tab and choose "Forget Credentials". Next time you view the listener detail tab it will ask you for credentials for that server.
- Jay