Using 2 microphones

Talk about whatever.
fung_i

Using 2 microphones

Post by fung_i »

I was wondering if it is possible to use 2 microphones on the same computer at the same time. If so, how would you set this up. Currently i have a microphone that goes through the soundcard in my comp (soundblaster) and i have my mic that goes through usb (dsp-500).
Wavestreaming
Stream Host

Post by Wavestreaming »

Hello,

I would use a mixing desk, this allows me to connect many audio devices (Like Cd decks, Tape Decks, Minidisc players and so on).

Although you may be thinking about a huge thing, with a vast array of sliders and knobs, you can pic one up fairly cheap (These are designed for mobile DJ's) and you can connect a few audio devices at a time.

There is one output (Which can goto an amplifier or in your case the line in on the PC)

Hope that helps :)
fung_i

Post by fung_i »

what about line in and microphone, is there a way to utilize both?
Wavestreaming
Stream Host

Post by Wavestreaming »

Yep you should be able to plug a microphone into line in. The only difference is that, line in does not amplify the signal, while the mic input does.

Line in is meant for CD players etc...
fung_i

Post by fung_i »

so there is no way for me to mix the mic input and my usb mic together? without buying new equipment?
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

if you can here both mics at the same time accross your computer speakers then just set your recording mixer up to record from Mix Out or Stereo Out or Wav out or What-u-hear, different manufacturers call it different things, but what it boils down to us recording everything you hear through the speakers. Then just setup your source application to record from the soundcard.
- Jay